Panbai International School organised a ‘British Council Reading Challenge Programme 2016 -17. The Reading Challenge Programme is a massive reading promotion programme for children and young people in UK. The aim of the challenge is to read a wide variety of books from the speciality selected list .The challenge inspires children to read for fun, the element of challenge gives them an incentive to read, and a sense of achievement on finishing them. Through the event students who enrolled for Reading Challenge Programme read six books or more books within a span of six – weeks. Students also participated in workshops offered by British Council on 6th December 2016; Topic was Reading Actively, in that following activities were conducted:
- Counting Game with lets read actively.
- Video Presentation: A girl who hated books.
- Reading on musical chairs.
- Reading to each other’s – in pairs
- Readathon – clocking the reading time.
- Reading alternate lines.
- Narrating reading passage to each other.
- Making Book Mark Activity.
- Feedback from grade 4 to 8 students had been taken.
On completion of the challenge the participants will be rewarded with a certificate.