Flamingo Kids International Preschool with EYFS (Early year foundation stage) for age group 2 to 5 years.(Playgroup to Sr.Kg )
The Curriculum emphasizes on early childhood education that lays the foundation for life-long learning and overall personal development. The core value of early childhood education lies in “child-centered” and” Child Development”. Children’s learning interest, needs and abilities is taken into utmost consideration at Flamingo Kids. Diversified learning environment that provides sufficient learning opportunities which facilitates children to develop their multiple intelligences.
Through play, meaningful life experiences as well as sensory, exploratory and interesting activities, children’s holistic development is fostered at flamingo Kids.
The areas of learning and development that shape the educational programme in early years are important and inter-connected. These areas are particularly crucial for igniting children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, and for building their capacity to learn, form relationships and thrive.
The prime areas are:
-Personal Social and emotional Development
– Physical development involves providing opportunities for young children to be active and interactive and to develop their co-ordination, control and movement. Children must also be helped to understand the importance of physical activity, and to make healthy choices in relation to food.
– Cognitive development involves engaging preschoolers’ thinking skills through reading books that promote aspects of cognition such as reasoning and problem solving. In preschool years, children attempt to explain how things work and why things occur. While their explanations can often seem far-fetched to adults, their stream of how and why questions display a real desire to reason and solve problems about the causes of events.
– Personal, social and emotional development involves helping children to develop a positive sense of themselves, and others to form positive relationships and develop respect for others; to develop social skills and learn how to manage their feelings, to understand appropriate behavior in groups and to have confidence in their own abilities.
– Aesthetic Development is to observe Children’s drawings or paintings, structures created with blocks, Lego’s, and other materials. Playing roles in pretend play. Play-dough creations or creations made with art supplies. It involves children narrating imaginative stories, acting out stories with dolls, animals or other toys, using language for creating and sustaining plots and story enactment.
These objectives can be achieved through these prime areas which are strengthened and applied. The specific areas are:
• Science & Technology
• Arts and design
Educational programmes involve activities and experiences for children as follows:
• Language development involves encouraging children to link sounds and letters and to begin to read and write. Children must be given access to a wide range of reading materials (books, poems, and other written materials) to ignite their interest.
• Mathematics involves providing children with opportunities to develop and improve their skills in counting, understanding and using numbers, calculating simple addition and subtraction problems; and to describe shapes, spaces, and measures.
• Science involves guiding children to make sense of their physical world and their community through opportunities to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment.
• Arts and design involves enabling children to explore and play with a wide range of media and materials, as well as providing opportunities and encouragement for sharing their thoughts, ideas and feelings through a variety of activities in art, music, movement, dance, role-play, and design and technology.
A special emphasis is placed in developing children’s basic skills, building up basic concepts and helping the development of positive values and attitudes through value based learning in our classrooms. Indeed, all kinds of learning include the three key elements, namely “knowledge”, “skills” and “attitudes”, so as to nurture a balanced development of children in ethical, intellectual, physical, social and aesthetic aspects.
At Flamingo Kids, activities are designed to help the children learn by making sense of things and people around them, investigate the world, form relationships and engage in active social interactions. Early years learning in the Playgroup and Nursery class ensures a smooth transition to the more structured and skill-driven learning expectations of the kindergarten years.
Our aim is to give children a safe and happy environment where they can grow in confidence and independence in preparation not only for school but for life.